Project index page
Site index page
Magazine Article Translation Project
29-Jan-12: As predicted, this project has stalled. My plan was to have
translation help from CrowdIn.net, but I couldn't afford the fees and was
unable to contact any volunteer translators (I had a bit of trouble with the
web interface). The old page follows.
This page contains links to a bunch of hastily-translated articles from
the Italian magazine Nuova Elettronica. These were made available on
www.z80ne.com, thanks to enthusiast
Roberto Bazzano. Mr. Bazzano has added English
versions of many pages, which you will find under
On 7th November, I foolishly decided to translate the site's many scanned
magazine articles into English. This was a very silly decision by me because
in my hurry to be helpful, I forgot about the following:
Call me 'stupid' if you wish, but I am persisting and thanks to Google
Translate and the gedit text editor, am now about a third into the first
magazine. At this rate, I should finish the magazine translation by.. er..
January 2012, maybe - and have done the rest of the magazines by.. well, I
hate to give a guess, but I'd say.. 2015?
- I don't know much Italian; I can order a coffee, say 'please' and 'thank you' and use common greetings, but that's pretty much it.
- There are about 32 documents, and each comprises many pages.
My translation system involves several processes:
I have broken the article into numbered paragraphs, which makes it much easier
to edit. The output file (there is only one at present!) is simple
ASCII, but can be edited quite easily and turned into other formats.
- Type the document articles into gedit, one paragraph at a time.
- Copy each paragraph into Google Translate, and make corrections.
- Copy Google Translate's output into the 'output document'.
- Make further corrections to the output.
I am thinking that it might just be easier to learn Italian and do the
Please note, these are not complete!
*_input.txt: typed-in article text.
*.output.txt: translated/edited output text.